The Friends is a volunteer organization dedicated to supporting the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra of Orlando, Florida by:
- Promoting community awareness and appreciation of the Orchestra through social, cultural and educational events and programs directed towards current as well as the next generation of symphonic music patrons.
- Contributing to the financial strength of the Orchestra.
- Providing volunteer support to the Orchestra's management and staff.
Recent Schedule Changes
- The location of the March 18 general membership meeting with Leslie Dunner has been changed to the OPO Symphony Square 1st floor offices. Please go to the Meetings page to RSVP.
- Jeans & Jewels is being combined with Party at the Plaza and has been moved from June 6 to June 20. Check back for additional details.
General Membership - Friends Meeting with Special Guest Leslie Dunner, Music Director Finalist - Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 3:30PM.
Board of Directors - Wednesday April 22, 2015, 3:30PM at the Orchestra offices.
Thirteen fundraising events have been planned for this year. The next couple of events are described below. Please visit our Fabulous Fundraisers events page for details on all of our events and to register.
A Musical Collage
Join the principal players of the Orlando Philharmonic for an intimate evening of chamber music and mingling. The principals will select their favorite solo and small ensemble pieces, accompanied by Keiko Andrews on piano. Snacks and cash bar. $40 per person; $30 for Friends members. Please go to the Fabulous Fundraisers page to sign up.
Leslie and Rimma
Maestro Leslie Dunner and Concertmaster Rimma Bergeron-Langlois team up to bring you a beautiful informance, hosted by Frank Santos and Dan Dantin in the exquisite Butler Room of the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort. Cocktails and elegant reception. $125 per person; $100 for Friends members. Please go to the Fabulous Fundraisers page to sign up.
Pictures from Previous Events
Pictures from some of our previous events (for both this and previous years) are available for viewing on our Facebook page.
NOTE: You need not be a member of Facebook to view the pictures. Just click the link and start browsing!